Having faced what many consider to be their toughest economic year yet, 20 Sydney-area businesses are looking to the future, and beginning the new year with the support of Investible, the City of Sydney and leading business experts.
The third cohort of the City of Sydney Retail Innovation Program officially kicked off this month, as retailers, hospitality operators and diverse small businesses from across the city focus on ways they can continue to innovate and adapt.
While the program officially kicks off in January, the participants got a head start by taking part in Investible’s popular Bootcamp experience, which had been previously re-imagined to run virtually during the COVID period.
Over two days, they learned more about each other and the foundational aspects of the IP which will underpin the free, 12-week program. They were also welcomed into the growing program community, which remains active with members from the first and second cohorts.
The cohort includes:
- Bitter Phew – A speciality/craft beer venue rated as one of the best in Australia.
- Cantina OK! – A micro Mezcal mecca with world-famous margaritas and cocktails and hand-sourced, hand-imported, handmade agave spirits.
- Community Wines – A bespoke wine retailer that guides clients on how to select the perfect drinks.
- DONUT PAPI – Serving fresh, hand-crafted doughnuts with original and out-of-the-box flavours, inspired by many cultures.
- Eight Point Media – A speciality magazine retailer, also offering stationery and gifts.
- Ella & Beau – Café and ready-made meals featuring food made with love and passion in the old fashion way, with a vision for the future
- ELVIE – Simple and affordable personalised jewellery, with complimentary designing and engraving while you wait.
- Fealofani Elisara – Designer of contemporary fine jewellery and bespoke pieces.
- IIKO Mazesoba – A Japanese restaurant specialising in mazesoba.
- Kristen Allan Cheesemaker – Veteran cheesemaker specialising in education and cheese-making workshops.
- Manipulate Hair – The home of beautiful hair in the Sydney CBD, servicing men and women.
- Mister Mister – Made-to-measure menswear brand making beautiful and honest clothing for everyday
- Opal Minded – Jewellery retailer dedicated exclusively to Australian opals
- Remarkable Humans – Online marketplace specialising in Australian-made products
- Savage Design – A furniture, lighting, homewares company that designs and manufactures everything locally.
- The Hungry Mind – A cafe and corporate catering company inspired by the connection between a healthy diet and the healthy cognitive function of the brain
- The Thinking Club – A brand management studio for makers and bespoke manufacturers, specialising in communication, strategy and product for product-based businesses.
- Yulli’s Brews – Sydney brewery brand with a vegan taproom
- Zigi’s – Neighbourhood restaurant and bar serving Middle Eastern-inspired sous vide
Throughout the program, the participants will have the opportunity to take part in expert workshops, personalised mentoring, online learning and community events, gaining valuable insights in key growth areas including Digital Strategy, Customer Acquisition & Retention, Financial Modelling, Customer Experience, Ethical Supply Chains, High-Performance Teams, Investor Relations and more.
For more information about our retail and small business programming, contact email@example.com.