In August, Investible made 3 new investments, announced a new home for climate, and welcomed some fresh faces to the team.
Farewell August… it’s been a whirlwind!
The month began with the long-anticipated announcement of Greenhouse, a new hub for climate tech ensuring Sydney is a global leader in the sector. This is an immense project, with support from the City of Sydney, Lendlease and countless partners who have helped us bring it into reality over the past two years. Read the full announcement here.
We’ve already heard from hundreds of you about getting involved, and our excitement is only building. If you’re passionate about the climate, get in touch.
As those in our growing investor community (Club Investible) will tell you, investment opportunities have been as plentiful as they are exciting. If you’d like to chat about participating in early-stage investments through our exclusive network, please let us know.
Finally, we welcome two new talented Investment Analysts to our team. Get to know Joanna Ng and Jayden Basha, who will be actively doing diligence on investment opportunities for our new $50 million early-stage fund.
👋 Founders: Apply for funding!
💎 The very first investment from our Early Stage Fund 2 is an incredibly exciting one. Quantum Brilliance is utilising synthetic diamonds to bring quantum computing into our everyday lives. This visionary company led by co-founders Dr Marcus Doherty, Dr Andrew Horsley, and Mark Luo is uniquely positioned to bring this tech into reality, and we’re proud to be on the journey with them. Read the full story on their $13 million seed round.
🦁 Investible has also led a pre-Series A investment in LIGR, as they continue supercharging their global sport broadcasting platform. Our Investment Director Daniel Veytsblit’s investment notes shed light on our increased conviction in the business, and co-founders Luke McCoy and Adam Burke, since our original investment in 2020.
🎁 Singapore-based logistics tech startup Parcel Perform raised US$20 million as it expand its product and international scale. We first backed the company, led by Dr. Arne Jeroschewski and Dana von der Heide in 2019, and our follow-on in this round demonstrates our belief that the team is building something big.
What else we’re up to
💸 Is your company looking to raise capital? Swing by our virtual office hours to chat with the team, get feedback on your pitch and your business. You’ll have the opportunity to speak directly with our investment team. Register by 11 September here.
🌄 Last week, our ten-week program in partnership with the Cultural Intelligence Project kicked off. This program specifically for indigenous entrepreneurs, will provide business owners with ongoing development support, mentoring and tools to grow their businesses.
🌊 We’re launching two free programs for local businesses in Wollongong, designed to provide owners with the education and tools to succeed in a challenging environment. Know a business in the area? Applications close 6 September.
News from the portfolio
- Programa has been making headlines with its recent funding round, as they build out a game-changing product for architects and designers.
- The fast-growing companies Inspace and Parcel Perform have both secured a spot on the Forbes 100 Asia to watch list.
- The 3D facial verification technology used by Car Next Door embraces the human element of their users. This video explains how it works.
- Barcats founder and CEO Jeffrey Williams shared details on his mission to ensure Australia’s hospitality sector is thriving.
- JigSpace CEO Zac Duff spoke with AR Post about the major movements the innovative business has made recently.
- AI-powered fintech Effi has established a partnership with finance comparison website Finty, aiming to match consumers looking for a loan with mortgage brokers.
- Angie Judge, founder of Dexibit, spoke with Capsule Magazine about her secrets to positive disruption in the world of business.
On our calendar
Ocean Impact Pitchfest – Applications now open
Now in its second year, Ocean Impact Pitchfest was created to discover, showcase and celebrate innovations and innovators to have a significant positive impact on our oceans. $50,000 in cash to the winner! Register your interest.
Brain Power Series 2.0 – 2 September & 9 September
The Sydney Startup Hub and Vitae are hosting free online neuroscience workshops available to all NSW-based startups, scaleups and freelancers. This week, it’s all about the neuroscience of connection and collaboration.
Google Cloud Startup Summit – 9 September
A holistic event dedicated to the startup ecosystem in APAC. Hear from Captain of Moonshots at X Astro Teller and join expert-led sessions on best practices in UX and growth. More info here.
Investible Office Hours – 16 September
Come meet with Investible’s team to learn about the funding process, and get feedback on your pitch or your startup. We’re looking forward to meeting ambitious founders from all over APAC. Register for a slot here.
- 🌱 Investment Analyst, Climate Tech – Investible
- 🇸🇬 Principal – Investible (Singapore)
- 💵 Financial Accountant – Investible
- ⚙️ Operations Manager – Investible
- 👋 Senior Recruiter – Investible
- 🤝 Head of Investor Community – Investible
- 💼 Business Development Manager – Rental Heroes
- 🚙 Product Designer – Car Next Door
- 💪 Technical Customer Success Coordinator – Fingerprint for Success
- Browse 357+ more jobs from Investible portfolio companies
Get these updates straight to your inbox each month on our newsletter!